Ranvir Singh delivered the announcement made by EasyJet.

Ranvir Singh delivered the breaking update with viewers (Image: ITV)
Good Morning Britain was interrupted for a breaking alert as EasyJet made an announcement – and it’s not looking good for anyone who is hoping to book a holiday this summer. Ranvir Singh said: “EasyJet has announced that summer flight bookings are lower than this time last year due to the uncertainty linked to the Middle East conflict.”
However, it’s not all bad news as last minute bookings with the airline have increased, meaning Brits wanting to head abroad are more likely to secure flights if they book during the month they want to travel. The presenter added: “Last minute bookings made in the month that you want to travel have increased compared to a year ago. The airline also reported a pre-tax loss of £552 for the six months ending in March.”
EasyJet has announced summer flight bookings are lower than this time last year due to uncertainty linked to the Middle East conflict. pic.twitter.com/giPmyBVAOh
— Good Morning Britain (@GMB) May 21, 2026
While EasyJet has said it had to spend an unexpected extra £25m on jet fuel, the airline said it was not experiencing any disruption to fuel supplies.
Despite Ryanair CEO Michael O’Leary warning in April that the UK was Europe’s most vulnerable country to potential jet fuel shortages, the airline said it does not expect to cancel any further flights this summer.
Along with EasyJet, Jet2 has also reassured customers that their summer holidays will proceed as normal.
Last month, the International Energy Agency Chief Fatih Birol said that Europe may only have around six weeks of jet fuel left and warned of possible flight cancellations.
Sky News presenter Gareth Barlow said: “We, of course, heard similar warnings from the boss of Europe’s biggest airline, Ryanair, in previous weeks as well, talking about potential disruption through the course of the early summer. As we approach mid-April, that would align with about June, according to these warnings from Fatih Birol.”

EasyJet has announced that summer flight bookings are lower this year (Image: Getty)
It comes after a UK airline announced it has collapsed into administration, with all flights cancelled and 41 jobs axed. Zenith Aviation Limited, a UK chartered airline based at London Biggin Hill, has grounded all flights and dismissed dozens of staff after appointing administrators.
Mr Hargreaves told The Herald: “It is unfortunate for the company and the former employees, however, we are assessing the assets of the company, assisting employees with claiming their statutory redundancy entitlements, and looking at options to include potential rescue or buyout, should that be appropriate.”
Paul Hargreaves, of Nexus Corporate Solutions Limited, was appointed to manage the company this month with hopes of securing a sale or rescue operation.
He added: “At this time, we are still assessing the company’s position and evaluating the options.”
News
SWITCH OFF: BBC Breakfast issues Labour announcement minutes into show – and viewers are furious.k
Viewers raced to share their complaints. Charlie Stayt and Naga Munchetty fronted BBC Breakfast on Thursday (Image: BBC) BBC…
How pathetic! Vernon Kay Forced to APOLOGISE to BBC Radio 2 Listeners After On-Air Moment Left Producers Panicking… Embarrassed Host Admits He Thought His Career Could Be Over!K
Vernon Kay apologised to BBC Radio 2 listeners after a three-minute speech on his show, joking he would have been…
BREAKING: Sky News halted for breaking Andrew update and it’s awful for royals.K
Sam Coates had the latest as the first tranche of the Andrew files was released. Andrew was the subject…
URGENT: Question Time Debate Suddenly HALTED as Fiona Bruce Delivered Major Live Update That Left the Entire Panel Stunned.K
The presenter interrupted proceedings to share a huge update. Fiona Bruce hosted Question Time from Dumfries. (Image: BBC) Question Time…
‘THE GOVERNMENT HAS FINALLY DRAWN A LINE.’: Prince Andrew BANNED by the UK Government from Carrying Out One Major Royal Privilege… Humiliating Blow Leaves the Disgraced Royal Further Isolated from Public Life!K
The former prince was banned from it while acting as a trade envoy. Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was banned from doing…
‘I CAN’T KEEP GOING.’: Katie Price defiant as she reveals she’s giving up on search for missing husband Lee in new statement.K
Katie Price issues statement after missing Lee Andrews seen logged into Facebook Several people pointed out that they had seen…
End of content
No more pages to load






